For applicants applying under the ECA category, the best place to be informed is the University website, college websites and college notice boards which will notify the number of seats available, the list of students selected from the ECA trials. However, admission into a college only depends upon the availability of seats in that particular college and is not subject to clearing the final trials.
Here are the general guidelines for the students applying under the ECA category:
- The applicants are required to apply separately under the ECA category under the UG admissions portal for an additional fee of Rs. 100/ (per event).
- The applicants are required to upload only one certificate (preferably the highest achievement one) issued after May 1, 2015 to April 30, 2018 in each activity they wish to apply for as a proof of their involvement in the relevant activity.
- Trials will be held at two levels:
(i) Preliminary trials
(ii) Final trials.
The dates for the same will be notified on the University and college websites as well as the college notice boards.
- The applicant shall be allowed to appear in the preliminary trials only once in an event.
- Not more than 15% concession/relaxation in academic merit vis-à-vis UR category applicants (for the last relevant cut-off) may be given for admission to specific programmes (subject to the minimum eligibility of the programme).
- Weightage in the final trials will be given to the trials and certificates in the following ratio: Trials: 75%, Certificates: 25%. The Certificates are verified by the ECA committee of the college.
- The applicant must secure at least 50% marks in the final trials (38 out of 75) to be eligible for the final list of selected candidates
- All students should carry a copy of their application registration form as well as their certificates which they would have to submit in the venue of the trials.
- The trials for admission under the ECA category shall be the conducted by an ECA committee (Admissions) appointed by the University Admission Committee.
Colleges offering NSS quota
17 colleges of the University are currently offering ECA quota under the National Service Scheme (NSS) category such as Deshbandhu College, Miranda House, Satywati College, Kamala Nehru College, and Motilal Nehru College.
The two rounds of trials basically revolve around the social work applicants did in their schools. Garima, a 1st year Economics honours student at Miranda House who was an ECA quota applicant under NSS said, “In the first round, they ask you to pick a number of areas where you might have worked on for instance tree plantations, awareness drives, rallies etc. In the second round, they cross-reference your choices along with proofs that you must provide especially photographs. In addition, a panel of 6-7 judges also pose some general questions on the NSS motto, its symbol, its members, and its origins. In my ECA trials, held in Ram Lal Anand College, the DU coordinator for NSS was also present along with other evaluators.” Evaluators are basically looking for applicants with a strong drive towards working for social welfare.
Feature Image Credits: Navratna News
Comments are closed.