Come summer and Asmat NGO will be heading back to Soda village in Rajasthan for conducting a comprehensive program on a host of socio-civic issues. Currently, they are inviting applications for their Summer Internship Program 2016. A batch of interns will be selected to plan their program in March-April, and head down to Soda in June for ten days to implement the same. If you’ve always felt strongly about development and the debates surrounding it, now is your time to contribute, and play an active role. Now is the time to switch from empty talk to focused action.
To apply, head to: www.asmatindia.org/work-with-us
Last date to apply: 21st February, 2016
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Asmat is an NGO founded and run by students of Delhi University. It aims to bring about a concrete change at the grassroots level via youth mobilisation. We have adopted a village in rural Rajasthan – Soda, where we have been working on issues of education, governance and sensitisation since October 2013 under the guidance of its Sarpanch, Ms. Chhavi Rajawat who is the first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The group of interns will be involved in the planning stage of the program in March and April through regular meetings with the Asmat team. For twenty days in the summer (tentatively end May-June), two batches of interns will be living and working in the village over the course of ten days each, and implementing their program.
Tentative Dates: End May – June, 2016 (for both programs; exact dates subject to change post consultation with the interns and Asmat team members)
- Accommodation and food shall be provided at the Sarpanch’s residence at nominal costs.
- We shall provide food but interns to carry their own bedding and any medication that they might need.
Being a part of the program will:
- Lead to a first hand understanding of issues at the grassroots level.
- Help redefine reality of village life, highlight the problems faced and solution possible, specifically solutions that students can be a part of.
- Give the students an opportunity to dwell upon the field of development and have questions answered by an eminent personality working in the field.
- Being part of a network of like minded youth and a budding youth organisation.
- Certificate of volunteering given by an NGO registered under the societies registration Act, 1860 and Letter of Recommendation if exemplary work during the program.
- Working towards the development of a village under the guidance of first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA – great addition to your resume.
- Train Tickets (to Jaipur)
- Cost of bus from Jaipur to Soda
- Living cost and cost for food which will be at very nominal rates.
To apply, you need to be 16 years or older. We require parental approval from those below 18. We are open to interns from any stream or course. Please note that you will be required to research intensively and plan creatively for the various areas you will work on in the village.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please fill the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qEzhNXUDE3dbpSLrvNAkHN77uEXTRuy7ddSiABQXkSg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Please note that APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 11.59 PM, 21st February, 2016. If shortlisted, group discussion and personal/Skype interview rounds will follow.
In case of any queries, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tushar: +91 9873388796
Raghuvendra: +91 9818173795
Mail queries can be sent to [email protected].
www.asmatindia.org | fb.com/asmat.india | Twitter: @asmatindia | Instagram: Asmatngo
Comments are closed.