DUBeat brings to you a basic guide to some of the most common book markets around Delhi NCR to buy college books from.
As the new semester rolls out and we get out of our beds to get to college again, we again enter the struggle for acquiring books, both, new, or first-hand. For those in or around the North campus, it is relatively easier with Kamla Market and ‘The Bookstore’, ‘Amar Books’ etc. yet for those who aren’t able to easily access these stores or simply those who can’t find all books here there are plenty of other decent and cheap places that one can go to, to get their semester books.
The list bellow will provide you with various options to explore:
- Paharganj – a traveller’s ghetto, situated opposite to the New Delhi Railway Station, this main market provides with not only books but other beautiful accessories as well, an easy to bargain place where most of your basic books are found easily.
- Chawri Bazar – little needs to be explained about this place, as it is already well known amongst all, the stationary and books lane is right next to the metro exit no. 3/4, a largely wholesale market, which also has a lot of shops selling single books at very low prices.
- Daryaganj – another place that needs no introduction, one of the most famous book markets in Delhi. A haven for all bookworms, it is a must visit place for not only college but any and all kinds of books.
- Rajiv Chowk/ Connaught Place – right in the centre of Delhi, this place is filled with all kinds of markets, and needless to say you can find books as well, from second hand stores on roadside to proper shops from college books, it posses all stores to cater all needs.
- Atta Market – opposite the famous Noida Sec. 18 market is Atta Market a cheap market for all goods, as such it also has a lane for books an other stationary, with multiple shops selling second and first hand books at discounted prices.
- Book Fairs at Pragati Maidan – not a lot of people don’t know about the famous book fairs of Pragati Maidan, apart from the international book fair, that happens annually, there are multiple simple book fairs that are set up multiple times around the year, one can be on the look out for them and easily go and grab books straight from the publishing house stalls set up there.
- Sadar Bazar – This market in Gurugram is one of the largest book markets in NCR. From Engineering Physics book to any English course book, you can find everything here at the cheapest prices. The innumerable shops crowded together here also stock new arrivals so do keep an eye out and you might have a deal in your hands.
These basic well known and dependable markets around Delhi are the best solution to those in search for where to get college books from cheap. As such there are sure to be other places as well, and we would love to hear from you guys If you know of any other such market. We hope this article will help all those who were having a hard time looking for book markets, to either buy or sell books.
Feature Image Credits: The Indian Express