Revaluation for semester results at the University of Delhi may seem complicated, but here is a guide to simplify the process.
University of Delhi (DU) has started to announce results for the academic session 2018-19. Revaluation is an effective tool for students who are dissatisfied with their results.The revaluation process was scrapped off by Delhi University in 2013. But due to continuous protests by the students and Delhi University Students’ Union (DUSU), the administration re-introduced the system in the University in 2014.
According to the official Delhi University Information Centre, “Revaluation means to re-evaluate the paper of a particular subject completely. For this, a candidate has to completely surrender their original marks of a particular subject and accept the final result as declared by the University as a result of revaluation.”
The revaluation form can be downloaded from the University website, i.e., www.du.ac.in . It has to be filled by the candidate and has to be submitted to the Revaluation Cell Counter in the Examination Branch of North or South Campus between 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:30 pm to 3:00 p.m.. The revaluation fee per paper is Rs.1000/- and has to be duly submitted with the application form. The form has to be attested either by the Principal or the Head of the Department.
The rules prescribed by the University are as follows:
- Revaluation is allowed only for theory papers of non-professional courses, which have not been jointly valued.
- No second applications for the same paper shall be accepted.
- It shall be applied for within two weeks of the declaration of the result.
- The Candidate is required to produce a photocopy of their current Admission Ticket and/or statement of marks for verification of Roll No., marks etc., at the time of submission of application form for revaluation and also to attach self-address envelope of 9 x4 size with postal stamp worth Rs.5/- affixed, for sending revaluation result.
- After completion, the new results will be uploaded on the university website, www.du.ac.in. under the results portal after four to five months.
- The revised result may entail either entail no change, an increase or decrease in the candidate’s marks.
Documents required for the same are as follows:
- Photocopy of the candidate’s current Admission Ticket and Statement of Marks.
- Duly filled and signed revaluation form.
- Entries in the form must be verified from the Principal of the candidate’s college. (Students may contact the Administration Office of their college for the same)
Feature Image Credits: Hindustan Times