The Cluster Innovation Centre (CIC), founded in 2011, is an initiative by the University of Delhi towards an innovation-oriented centre of learning that offers dynamic programmes with an entrepreneurial dimension. Read more about CIC here. It was launched with the aim of enhancing creative potential of students through an innovative curriculum. Of the many impressive objectives it has set out for itself, the most important is that of connecting application-based research to solve real world problems. It is also known for its numerous alliances and a vibrant and diverse academic culture which has also led to various collaborations with industry and research institutions across the country, including the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
CIC has also pioneered the concept of a Meta College and a Meta University at the Masters level which is based on the premise of drawing upon the resources of already established institutions.
Currently, the CIC offers two undergraduate programmes, namely, B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) and B. A Honours (Humanities and Social Sciences).
Through the B.Tech. course, CIC aims to build strong analytical skills through Mathematics and application skills through Information Technology so as to produce graduates who are able to provide innovative solutions to the industry and the society.
The B.A Honours course has various streams available which include Journalism, Art & Design, Historical Tourism and Counselling.
- The student must be a regular undergraduate student of University of Delhi. This means that you must first take admission in any other course at DU before getting an admit to CIC.
- For B.A. Honours Programme, Students of School of Open Learning (SOL) are also eligible.
- For B.Tech, the student must have had Mathematics as a subject till class 12.
- Application forms will be available online and physically where they are located, at the G.C Narang Marg, North Campus from Monday, 29th June 2015 at 10:00 AM
- The last date for submission of forms is 28th July 2015 at 5.00 p.m.
- Students will be required to sit for a written examination on Sunday, 2nd August 2015.
- The written entrance examination will test Mathematics (Class 11-12), English and Reasoning.
- The results of the exam will be declared on Thursday, 6th August 2015 and the candidates who clear the test will also have to appear for an interview within a week from the entrance test.
For more details and updates on the admission procedure, visit CIC’s website.