The fervour for postgraduate admissions under the University of Delhi is all set to hit full swing, with the varsity announcing the admissions schedule and process on its technical-snag prone website.
Under PG admissions, all departments have two modes of admission – merit and entrance. Students from the University of Delhi who have performed well at the undergraduate level will take up 50% of the seats. This mode of direct admission is not available to students of other universities. The other 50% of seats will be filled through entrance tests and interviews or group discussions.
The timeline for the admission process dates July 17th-19th for the release of the first admission list and the subsequent steps to secure a seat in the desired college. Entrance for a plethora of courses was conducted in the first week of July; with reports of an assortment of cheating tactics surfacing across different colleges. The varsity announced the results for these entrances over the last two days.
The schedule for admissions, as well as the list of documents required at the Reporting Centres, are as follows:
Here’s a rundown of the admissions process of the applicants:
- All the registered applicants should have successfully updated the details of their qualifying exams on the portals (which were reopened till July 14th).
- For the ‘merit category,’ it is mandatory for the candidates to upload the aforementioned marks on the portal to be considered for inclusion in the Admissions List. For the ‘entrance category,’ there is no such clause.
- Departments who announce the results will declare the First Admissions List on their websites on July 17th, 2017. The list will be comprehensive in terms of both the mode of admissions and for all categories. The allotment of the applicants has been calculated on the basis of the rank and availability of seats in the desired college. The applicant will have to visit the college to verify the documents and pay the fees to complete the admissions process.
- Having met the allotment list, the applicants is required to log on to the PG portal, and download and fill the Admission Form. The Form will distinctly mention the Reporting Centre (where the applicant will report) and the Place of Admission (where the applicant will be admitted).
- The applicant can then proceed to the Reporting Centre with the Admission Form and the required documents for the verification process. The applicant will then be marked ‘verified’ or ‘reported’ depending on whether he/she has the mark-sheet of the qualifying examination; with the former category possessing the said document. These applicants will then move to the Place of Admission for allotting the original documents, and certificates will be retained at these colleges.
- The applicants can then log on to their portals to make the online fee payment within the stipulated period, which would watermark their admission in a particular college.
You can peruse the detailed process here.
The list of centres marked for distinct departments can be looked up here.
Feature Image Credits: University of Delhi