With the results having been declared a week ago, students across the university are now aiming to migrate to better colleges. However, migration can be tricky if you don’t know exactly how to go about it. DU Beat gives you a lowdown on the process.

1. Aspirants seeking migration to another college are first required to check the criteria of the college they wish to apply to, the information regarding which is available with the respective Head of Department of that college.

2. If the criteria are fulfilled, the candidate needs to submit the following documents to the Section Officer (Administration) or the Head of Department:-

o an Application for migration

o a copy of the Statement of Marks of passing First Year Under-Graduate Examination

o a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the former college

3) The candidate will then be granted a No Objection Certificate from the college to submit to the former college to obtain Transfer Certificate, after which admission to the new college can be applied for.

4. The following documents/ certificates ( original and attested copies) are to be submitted to the Section Officer at the time of admission/ migration into the college-

* Statement of marks of first year undergraduate course

* College leaving certificate

* No objection certificate from parent college ( if not already submitted)

* Class X Board Examination certificate and mark sheet

* Class XII mark sheet and provisional certificate.

* Hindi passing certificate ( VIII/ X/ XII class)

* SC/ ST/ OBC certificate in the name of the candidate, only issued by the designated authority/ declaration/ undertaking by the OBC candidates ( for OBC candidates only)

* 3 non- attested passport size photographs


1. Candidates seeking migration into II Year Programme Courses are required to have passed I Year Under-Graduate Examination with the required percentage as per the college’s criteria.

2. Should have passed Main Papers, Subsidiary Subjects/Concurrent Courses and Qualifying Subjects.

3. Candidates are required to submit a copy of Provisional Certificate/ Statement of Marks of passing Class XII Examination.  The Candidate must have passed 12th class examination in five subjects.


Candidates, whose result has not been declared so far, can submit the Application within a week after the declaration of their results. The same should be confirmed from the administration of the college of preference as well.