Dear Fucchas 2015,
Let me first congratulate you for surviving one of the most trying times of your life: ‘The XII Grade Board Examinations’. You made it out alive and you really deserve a pat on your back! After toiling day and night for over a year: running from one tuition centre to the other, compromising on sleep and giving up on so many pleasures of your life, now is your time to let loose and relax. Don’t let anything hold you back; be a hedonist and live life king size. Because once the results are declared, you’ll find yourself in yet another tizzy called ‘The Admission Process’.
Many of you out there are DU hopefuls. I was right where you are a year ago. I felt the same emotions- anxiety, ecstasy and pressure- that are raging through you just as we speak. Add to that list the consternation that has enveloped your life because of all the unsavoury things you’ve heard about the complicated admission process (yes, because no matter how hard they try to simplify the process, it will continue to be a nightmare!).But don’t get intimidated just yet. I’m going to be the kind sophomore and run over a couple of technical details with you. And who knows, maybe with a bit of luck, make this phase of your life a little less terrifying.
Things to keep in mind before you go
1. Check the DU website and college website for updates on requirements and special criteria
2. Ensure that you meet all the specified criteria
3. Keep a map of the campus or college handy so that you don’t waste time in travelling and looking for the college.
1. Class XII and Class X Marksheet: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
2. Leaving Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
3. Passing Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
4. Migration Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
5. Birth Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
6. Provisional Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
7. Character Certificate: Original+ 12 self-attested photocopies
8. Students who have not studied Hindi up to class 10 are required to produce their class 8 marksheet as evidence of having/not having studied Hindi up to class 8
9. 12 passport size photographs
Keep enough copies, so you don’t have to scamper around in the heat!
1. A pencil box with:
a. Black and Blue ball pens
b. Sharpened pencils
c. A sharpener and an eraser
3. Glue stick
4. Alt pins
5. Stapler (with extra pins)
6. Paper clips
1. Fluids like water, fruit juice or aerated drinks because you’ll need to keep refuelling your system.
2. Something dry (and hassle free) to eat, like glucose biscuits or a fruit, and not sabzi-roti that could spoil.
3. The newspaper which contains the updated cut off lists for various colleges.
4. Your phone (with recharged talk time and net pack) to help you stay updated at all times.
Before I forget, two vital things that you absolutely must have at all times are:
2.Your sense of composure.
Think of the admission procedure as this challenging quest from a video game. Cross the hurdles, keep your calm and progress through levels to finally reach your dream destination.
So my freshers, here’s wishing you all the luck for your results! See you at University!
Comments are closed.