The NCWEB is well established institution under Delhi University which seeks to provide education to women with special coaching but without attending regular classes. It was started in 1944 and due to its increasing popularity and logistical issues, it has established centers in colleges like Bharati College, Janki Devi Memorial College, Jesus & Mary College, Kalindi College, Lakshmi Bai College,Mata Sundri College, Maitreyi College, PGDAV College, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Hans Raj College, Maharaja Agrasen College and Vivekananda College. It only conducts weekend classes – on the remaining days of the week, students are free to pursue an occupation or another educational course.
Like SOL, NCWEB follows the annual examination system. It teaches the following two courses:
- BA Programme (English, Hindi, Punjabi, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Economics, Mathematics, OMSP-Office Management & Secretarial Practice)
The Non Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) has declared its guidelines, important information along with dates for admissions to undergraduate courses.
- The forms will be sold from 8th June to 24th June at 4 centres, namely Kalindi College, Maharaja Agarsen College, PGDAV College and Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College.
- Admission to the NCWEB centers will be decided on the basis of cutoffs.
- The percentage for B.A. Program will be decided on the basis of 10+2 board results by taking the best of four subjects which should have one language and three best subjects which can include maximum one vocational subject.
- While for B.Com. the criteria is one language, Business Studies, Accountancy and one more best subject which could be a vocational subject as well. Students from streams other than Commerce will be considered with a deduction of 5% marks in best of four percentage.
- The first cutoff list will be out on 8Th July and the last on 21st July.
The OMR form needs to be filled with attention. Only black/blue point ink is to be used. No photocopies are to be attached with the form. After filling the form, its photocopy must be stamped and kept as an acknowledgement. Make sure that the boxes in the form are properly filled, otherwise you stand a chance of getting your form rejected.
For more information, check: http://ncweb.du.ac.in/ncweb/sites/default/files/UG%20Information%20Pamphlet%202015-16.pdf
Image credits: NCWEB website
Comments are closed.