While applications for most colleges under Delhi University are centralised through the OMR form, minority colleges like St. Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College follow a separate procedure that is conducted solely online. Take a look at the details for the two colleges below:
Jesus and Mary College
Students who wish to apply to JMC should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The online form can be filled here between June 2-16 2014. Each applicant can fill only one form.
- The prospectus of the college which covers information regarding the departments, societies, faculty members, syllabus and so on can be viewed here.
- The college has outlined various department-specific guidelines and criteria (most of which are in accordance to the ones issued by the University).
- Students applying under sports category shall be required to appear for sports trials between June 17-20 2014 along with all original documents/certificates as per the schedule to be put up on the college website / notice board. Minimum eligibility: For appearing in trials, a student must have I/II or III position at the zonal level or I/II or III position at the State level.
- Students applying under ECA category shall have to appear for ECA trials on the 19th and 20th of June along with all original documents /certificates.
- The cut off lists of the selected candidates will be put up on the college website/notice board as per the Delhi University schedule. Hence the first cut off list comes out on June 24th.
St. Stephen’s College
Students who wish to apply to St. Stephen’s College should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The online form can be filled between June 2-16 2014.
- The guidelines for admission related criteria for all departments can be seen here.
- Candidates applying under a foreign board can view specific guidelines here. Predicted grades are not accepted.
- The college has provided detailed instructions for those applying through sports and has also outlined the schedule for the trials to be held on the 17th and 18th of June.
- Admission is based on two components with the following weights:(i) Class XII marks: 85% of effective BFS percentage(ii) Interview: 15%The College interviews approximately:
- four applicants per seat for Economics, History and English
- five per seat for Mathematics
- six per seat for Sanskrit, Philosophy, Chemistry and Physics
- The tentative interview schedule has been put up on the site. The confirmed dates and list of selected candidates for the same will be put up on the website on June 18th.
- The interview will cover questions related to academics, co curriculars, general awareness and sense of values.
Comments are closed.