With summer approaching, the scorching summer heat is guaranteed to be hard on our bodies, our moods, and our electric bills. After all, this is the time we forgo memories of our cooler past, we put behind us the days when constant sweating was not part of our daily routine.
For those of us sweltering away in this part of the world, with no obvious escape in sight, consider some of the following to beat the Delhi heat:
- Hydrate: Drinking 1-2 litres of water is very essential, spruce up your water game by opting for flavoured water instead (Strawberry is highly recommended!)
- Streat Treats – Cool off with a Chuski and some Banta: This is time for the pocket-friendly experience we’ve all been waiting for. So whether you head to Prince Paan or India Gate, I assure you that the mind-numbing iciness of one chuski will keep you cool for the rest of the day.
- Shop Till you Drop – Head to the Malls: What better way to beat the summertime sadness than some retail therapy at the mall. Enjoy the air conditioning and check out the latest summer trends without having to worry about tan lines or sweaty faces. Head on to your favourite mall and catch the latest flick.
- Splash About – Hit the Pool: There is no better time of the year than to attend/organise that pool party you’v been waiting for. Step out and dive into the pool for a cool, refreshing dip.
- Cotton and comfort: Make use of all the summer sales. Adopt the boho style of dressing with maxi dresses, tie and dye shirts for the girls and linen shorts for the guys!