29 March (Day 1)
- 9:30 a.m – 10:00 a.m. : Opening Ceremony and registration for all events
- 10:00 a.m – 11:30 a.m. : Panel Discussion – Round Pegs in Square Holes – In the midst of easy jobs, fast money, posh lives, where dreams, goals, aspirations, wish fulfillments all topple over each other, many people get unknowingly trapped in the rat race for corporate jobs and conventional careers and are never able to take some time out to introspect and find what they are destined for. Having chosen to question the status quo, we at Colloquium 2013, want you meet some very ordinary people whose stories serve as a beacon for all to follow one’s dreams. The round pegs in square holes, Padma Bhushan awardee Dr. Mallika Sarabhai, bestselling author Mr. Ashwin Sanghi, notable social activist Ms. Kamla Bhasin and the renowned social worker Mr. Anubrotto Kumar Roy, popularly known as Dunnu Roy.
- 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m : Netaji Subhas Memorial Debate (The Conventional Debate) – Colloquium’13 brings to you the centre stage of all debating events, here is your chance to battle it out in a fierce war of words to prove your point.
Best Team : 4,000/-
Best Speaker For : 2,000/-
Best Speaker Against : 2,000/-
- 12:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m : Author’s Isle – Session with Ashwin Sanghi – Come and meet from the man himself. Ashwin Sanghi takes the listeners through the exciting journey of his award winning novel ‘Chanakya’s Chant’ and his latest work, ‘The Krishna Key’.
- 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m : Literary Quiz – Attention to all the voracious readers out there. Now is a chance to encash your insatiable appetite for reading. The quiz is open to undergraduate & postgraduate students and the top three teams will win the prizes.
First Team: 5,000/-
Second Team: 3,000/-
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m : Comic Speak – “Growing up, all of us have had a fascination… for comics and cartoons.” Extending our pent up passion for comics, this workshop aims at exploring the nitty-gritties of the narrative works in which a story is conveyed to the reader using sequential art. We are proud to present, as the first speaker of this one of a kind event, none other than Pran Kumar Sharma, the leading pioneer of Indian Comics and the creator of ‘Chacha Chaudhary’, followed by Akshay Dhar of Comic Addicts fame.
30 March (Day 2)
- 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m : NSIT Model UN (Day 1) – We are back with the second edition of the NSIT Model UN. The following four committees will be simulated.
General Assembly – VI
Human Rights Council
Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m : Joint Parliamentary Committee – Joint Parliamentary committee is an ad hoc committee of the Indian parliament investigating ongoing national issues of utmost urgency and importance. The participants will get an opportunity to simulate a JPC, represent a ministry, take a stand on the topic in question and debate to build viable solutions.
Best Speaker: 5000/-
First Runner-Up: 3000/-
31 March (Day 3)
- 9:30 – 5: 30 p.m : NSIT Model UN (Day 2)
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m : Crack the Case – The participants will be presented with a predicament pertaining to an existing business. The team(s) that are able to present the most creative and effective solution to the problem, win the coveted title.
Best Team: 10000/-
Second Runner-Up: 4000/-
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m : Newshour Debate – This event gives you the chance to assume the role of an eminent personality and discuss a burning issue, pitching in your ideas and opinions.
Best Speaker: 2000/-
First Runner-Up: 1000/-
Second Runner-Up: 500/-
- 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m : Judgement Day – Say you were Hitler or Jack the Ripper, how would you defend yourself? Play one of these characters and save yourself from your doom.
Best Speaker: 1000/-
First Runner-Up: 600/-
Second Runner-Up: 400/-
Visit www.colloquiumnsit.org for more!