Spread the warmth is an initiative undertaken by Sanchie Shroff and Shiv Kumar Bansal, both being students of Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi. The campaign, is a pan-India cloth collection and distribution drive happening across seven cities namely Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Patna, Chennai, Kolkata and Siliguri.
The Collection Mechanisms:
1. Collection Centers: Set up collection centers at 75 retail outlets of Big Bazaar across the seven Indian cities.
2. Schools and Colleges: Contact various school and college authorities for implementing this drive
3. Doorstep Collection: Set up volunteer meeting points in Delhi where people from across the city/volunteers from NGOs/ students from schools and colleges voluntarily come together to ensure maximum collection.
Major Highlights of ‘Spread The Warmth’s journey so far:
1. The collection drive across 75 Big Bazaar stores began on the 1st of January, 2017
2. Various Schools and colleges in Bangalore, Chennai and Delhi have initiated the campaign already.
3. Our Siliguri team conducted the Doorstep Collection on 28th and 29th December, 2016. They collected 13.02 Quintals of clothes in just 8.5 hours.
People can contribute by donating their clothes at their nearest Big Bazaar in all 7 cities till 10th January, 2017. They can follow the link to find their nearest Big Bazaar outlet:
On the 8th of January, 2017 we will be conducting a doorstep collection drive in Rohini Sector 9. We request everyone, to join us for the Doorstep Collection Drive in Rohini. To volunteer, they can follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/xSn37MJoDnWcsvsV2. We would like to inform all the residents of Rohini Sector 9 to contribute to this cause and keep the clothes ready for contribution on 8th.
With the support of esteemed organisations like the Future Group (Big Bazaar), Safexpress, Goonj, Lions Club, etc., we aim to collect tonnes of clothes and impact thousands of lives across the nation.