The complete schedule for admissions in the entrance-based Undergraduate programmes in Delhi University was released on 6th July. The availability of seats will depend upon the admissions in the prior list for each of the courses, individually. The same has been summarily explained below.
Students who have applied for Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports [B.Sc. (PE, HE and S) will have to wait till the 2nd admission list for announcement of their admission procedure.
After the approval of admission, the student has to log onto his/her/their Undergraduate Admission Portal to make the online admission fee payment. It is important to complete this payment by 12 noon of the next day.
Students also have to keep in mind that they will have to go to the designated college in accordance to the choice of college i.e. Morning or Evening.
The timings for Morning College are 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. and for Evening College are 4:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Rules and Procedure for Course-College Allotment for admission to BMS/B.A.(H)B.E./BBA(FIA)
At the time of filling the application form, all applicants were required to state their order of preference of course and college in their online application form. This step was extremely important, as this the admission procedure here is different from how it works in other merit-based courses.
Allotment of courses and colleges to the applicants shall be based on the rank secured by the applicant and his/her order of preference of course and college, subject to the availability of seats there. The seats available in each course and college in each category shall be allotted to the applicants in order of their ranks and preferences, till all seats in the particular college-course are exhausted. The following procedure will be followed for the first round of allotment of seats:
1. Downloading the application form: Based on the ranks and preferences of a particular student, he/she will be granted provisional admission in a college. The candidate can download the confirmation by logging into their account, and should then take a print out of the Application form.
2. Showing up at the college: The shortlisted candidates of this round will have to report to the allotted College for verification of required documents along with the admission form within the stipulated period of time, as per the counselling schedule announced/ available on the Admission Portal.
3. Once the college approves the admission of the candidate on his/her dashboard, a fee link will be activated in the candidate’s portal. The candidate must pay the fee online within the stipulated time, failing which his/her allotted seat will stand automatically cancelled. A candidate shall be declared as successfully admitted candidate only after realization of the fee.
Based on the number of candidates admitted successfully in the first round, the vacant seats will be available for 2nd round of counseling. The successfully admitted students will be automatically considered for upgradation in the subsequent round of counselling. They may have the option to opt out for upgradation at the time of fee payment.
An extremely pertinent point to note here, is that this system is different than that followed in merit-based entrances. If a student does not get successfully admitted in the college allotted to him/her, they will not be considered for upgradation further. Furthermore, students who have already sought admission through merit in other courses need to be extremely cautious as they will have to get withdraw from the existing college to get admission elsewhere within a small time frame.
The following candidates will not be considered in the second round:
1. Who have already been allotted their first preference.
2. Candidates who have voluntarily opted out of upgradation
3. Candidates whose names appear in the provisional admission list but did not appear for document verification within stipulated period of time.