The University of Delhi (DU) has begun the online registrations for admission to various undergraduate (UG) courses. Here is a guide to help aspiring students.
DU offers various UG courses in different colleges. The admission procedure for these colleges is common, except for St. Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College, which have a separate admission procedure. The admission portal for 2019 opened on 30th May. Following are the steps that are to be followed for the admission process:
Note: Applicants must apply only through the common application form for admission to the undergraduate programmes (both entrance and merit-based).
The students have to go the Admission Portal at https://du.ac.in and click on the link for ‘New Registration’. The students will then be asked to enter their Central Board of School Education (CBSE) – or any other board – roll number, email ID, and phone numbers which will be saved for further procedure and forms. This information cannot be changed further.
Image Credits: University of Delhi
- Filling the form
The registration form is to be filled by students with extreme care and involves information regarding 9 different subparts.
Image Credits: University of Delhi
- Personal – Personal information includes place of living, studying, etc. Family information and quota details are also to be filled.
- Academic – The roll number and marks obtained in various subjects for respective boards are to be filled. Those who have not yet received their examination marks can just fill the board exam details and roll number.
- Merit-Based – The applicant has to choose his/her favoured courses out of the plethora of merit-based courses offered by the University like B. Com, B.Sc. and B.A courses.
- Entrance Based – DU offers the following courses in which admission is rewarded through entrance examination to be conducted by the National Testing Agency. The students will have to pay extra fees for each entrance-based test they apply for.
- A. (Honours) Business Economics [BA(H)BE]
- Bachelor of Management Studies [BMS]
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]
- Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) [BTech(IT&MI)]- CIC
- A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences [BA(H)HSS]- CIC
- Bachelor of Elementary Education [B.El.Ed]
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports [BSc(PE, HE&S)]
- A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication [BA(H)MMC]
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [5YIPJ]
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Percussion Music (Tabla/Pakhawaj)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hindustani MusicVocal/Instrumental (Sitar/Sarod/Guitar/Violin/Santoor)
- Sports – Applicants seeking admission through Sports Quota can apply through a maximum of three sports. An additional fee of INR 100 is charged for admission through Sports Quota. The students can either seek admission through Super Category: Admission without Sports Trial which involves National representation in specified World Events or via Admission on the Basis of Sports Trial which involves 40 marks for certificates and 60 marks for trial performance.
- ECA – Applicants seeking admission through Extra Curricular Activity (ECA) Quota have to upload only one best achievement certificate in their chosen category. Each student may register only through three ECA Categories. An additional fee of INR 100 is charged for registration through this category.
- Uploads – This section is specifically for uploading several admissions related, academic and identity documents which include the following.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant (10-50 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- Scanned signature of the applicant (10-50 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- Self -Attested Class X certificate/marksheet containing Date of Birth (100-500 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- Self -Attested Class XII Mark Sheet, if results have been announced. (In case the Marksheet has not been issued by the Board, a self-attested copy of the Marksheet downloaded from the respective Board’s website should be uploaded). (100-500 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the Applicant) issued by the competent authority (100-500 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the applicant) issued on or after March 31, 2019. The OBC caste must be included in Central list issued by the Government of India. http://ncbc.nic.in. (100-500 kb for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format).
- EWS Certificate issued by Sub District Magistrate, certifying the applicant can claim reservation under this category, dated March 31, 2019, or later. (100-500 kb in size for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format)
- Self-attested copies of Sports and/or ECA certificates. (100-500 kb in size per document for upload in jpg/jpeg/png format), if applying under these categories.
- Preview – The applicants can see a final preview of their application herein and confirm all the filled details.
- Payment – In this last section, the students can initiate the final payment post which their registration will be complete. The payment is as follows.
- Registration fee for merit-based courses for UR/OBC – INR 250
- Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD/EWS INR – 100
- Additional registration fee for ECA/Sports INR – 100
- Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for UR/OBC INR – 750
- Additional registration fee for each entrance-based course for SC/ST/PwD/EWS INR – 300
All the aspiring students are requested to check the Undergraduate Bulletin of Information available on the University website which provides in-depth knowledge about the admission process. The varsity is also conducting open sessions for the benefit of the students. The next sessions will take place on 3rd and 8th June at Conference Centre, Arts Faculty, North Campus.
Feature Image Credits: University of Delhi