It’s that time of the year again when you just can’t keep up with anything and even a miniscule piece of information regarding your favorite TV show becomes a treasure, especially when it comes to Game Of Thrones! Following are some facts that might help you in calm your nerves down for this night and all the nights to come:
1. Peter Dinklage was the only person who auditioned for the role of Tyrion Lannister. After the producer David Benioff read the book , he immediately contacted Peter for the role.
2. Aemon Targaryen is blind in real life. Peter Vaughan, who played Maester Aemon on the Night’s watch, is not only blind in real life but he’s also 93 years old and still working hard.
3. Robb stark’s wife Talisa, played by Oona Chaplin is Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter, and Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen) is Charles Dickens’ great-great-great-grandson!
4. There are nine GOT cast members that have previously appeared in the Harry Potter films.
5. There are 70 different ways to ‘Hodor’. How many ways must a man “Hodor” before you can call him a Hodor? According to Vulture Nairn, “There’s angry Hodor, happy Hodor, sad Hodor, frightened Hodor, curious Hodor, bashful Hodor, sheepish Hodor…and naked Hodor.”
6. Sean Bean played Soccer with his artificial head after dying. Even though, Eddard Stark couldn’t make it through the first season and was a bit creeped out by his prosthetic head, he got over it all right. “We just kicked it around like a football” he said during one of his interviews.
7. The writers put in fake death scenes to trick the actors. Sophie Turner once spoke about the writers making fake scripts to trick actors into thinking that they’re going to be killed off. “Then about three weeks later they’ll end up telling you that it was a joke.” said the actress.
8. The horse heart Khaleesi ate is actually seven pounds of gummy bear-like mass. “It was similar to congealed jam with fake blood-sugar and dried pasta”
9. The producers asked the Language Creation Society to construct the Dothraki language. Linguist David Peterson started with the culture of the Dothraki people and created almost 2000 words of Dothraki language.
10. George R. R. Martin has taken an insurance of Game Of Thrones. The author still has two book left in The Song of Ice and Fire. He told David Benioff and D.B. Weiss the ending of the books, in case he dies before he finishes writing them.