Your college life is not fully accomplished without attending at least one outstation fest. After all, outstation fests are not just another activity that features in the college calendar every year. In the mundane life of a student, which basically revolves around food, sleep, lectures, assignments and more assignments, outstation fests provide a much needed break. For weeks in advance, societies start investing their efforts in its preparations. It’s their excitement that keeps everyone going. But is everything about fest, fun and frolic or are there any misadventures too?
Here is a list of all the Pros and Cons of an Outstation fest:
1. Overwrought in rehearsals, students hardly find any time to attend their classes and hence, the compulsory attendance of 66% is compromised. Situation becomes direr if the professors are uncooperative.
2. When you’ll reach the destination, chances are that you will be welcomed in not-so luxurious quarters. Apparently, according to the organizers, any space with mattresses qualify as accommodation, so there is no point complaining. Too few charging points will make sure that in a perfect Snapchat moment, your phone’s battery will die. Though, the worse thing will always be trying to find a deserted and decent washroom.
3. Hours without shelter and too much confusion. Difficulty in finding directions. Sound like a life or death situation? Well it sort of becomes so, if the assigned volunteers are bad. In an entirely new campus, you will need assistance in terms of finding venues, or coordinating your performance schedule, but if the hosts are uncooperative then may god bless you.
4. It’s an unspoken truth and understanding that often the competitions are rigged. If such a thing happens with you, then all the sweat and toil you perfused will eventually go down the drain.
5. Somewhere in the middle of merrymaking, you’ll lose your possessions – friends, phone, money, clothing, sanity and even consciousness!
1. Outstation fest will provide you lots of exposure, insights and learning opportunities.
2. They are a perfect place to meet new people, create contacts and play ‘Never Ever Have I’ or ‘Truth or Dare’ with strangers.
3. Many fests pride themselves in organizing around the clock festivities which means something or the other will always be going on even at 3 am, and gist of maximizing your enjoyment is to turn insomniac while you are at it.
4. Grand fests imply celebrity concerts and being a participant could mean direct (and sometimes free) access to your favorite artist’s gig!
5. However the best thing about outstation fests is that you will make memories. You’ll have pictures to prove that you went, laughed and lived. One day you’ll have stories to tell.
Featured Image Credits: www.ontheroxmag.com