Khalsa Colleges


As the admission season is approaching and with the 12th standard board results declared, lives of Delhi University aspirants will revolve around the cut offs and the modalities of the admission process. While the major part of the admission procedure remains consistent and central, students applying under Sikh Minority quota have to go through some additional formalities in order to apply under the minority quota, being offered at several colleges of Delhi University which are managed by Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC).

Presently there are four colleges in Delhi University that offers reservation to students belonging to the sikh minority namely Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa and Mata Sundri College for Women. These colleges were established and/or are maintained by the Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee, a statutory body, constituted under an Act of Parliament and were given minority status with 50 per cent quota in 2011.

Given below are the guidelines for admission under the ‘Sikh Minority Quota’

  • Applicants are supposed to have Sikh Minority Certificate made from the office of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC).
  • Once that is done, applicants are supposed to first register themselves for undergraduate admissions at the main website of Delhi University.
  • After getting the confirmation reciept, it is necessary to register yourself at the Khalsa Colleges portal for admissions under the Sikh Minority quota.
  • When the cutoffs are declared, applicants are supposed to carry their Sikh Minority Certificate as well as the receipt of the aforementioned registrations along with the other regular documents.

Here is the website of Khalsa Colleges common registration : http://dukhalsacolleges.com/

If you are still confused of what all documents you would need for the admissions, you can check the lists of documents required here

Meanwhile, this is only applicable for students who wish to claim the minority quota. For general students who wish to apply to these colleges can do so by just filling the common admission form of the University.

Image Credits: DU Beat

Aditya Narang

[email protected]