<![CDATA[Giving everyone a fair chance to bring out the best in them and considering all disciplines at par, Delhi University, on 22nd August, 2014, came out with miscellaneous scholarships for DU students. From Economics to Music, the University authorities have tried to amalgamate all the myriad courses it offers in an attempt to acknowledge student welfare and equal opportunity to all. DU Beat brings to you a glimpse of the scholarships open for the Under-graduate students.
- Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Endowment Book-Grant: Eligibility- A student from any college belonging to the family of a Class IV or Class III employee of the university, presently in the First Year of a Three-year degree course.
- Vijay Kumar Memorial Chadha Book-Grant: Eligibilty- Any student of CLC (Campus Law Centre) in the First Year of LL.B, whose parents’ income (including his own income) is less than the minimum taxable income. Amount- Rs. 100/- per month The scholarship is awarded for two years, renewable on a yearly basis.
- Shri Motilal Kaul Atma Memorial Book-Grant: Eligibility- The scholarship shall be awarded to blind students from any college who join the First Year of B.A. (Hons.)/ B.Com. (Hons.)/ B.Sc. (Hons.) of Delhi University. Amount- Rs. 150/- per month The scholarship is tenable for three years, renewable on a yearly basis if the performance of the recipient is satisfactory.
- Dr. (Mrs.) Shobhana Nayar & Prof. D.P. Nayar Scholarship in Music: Eligibility- The scholarship will be awarded to a candidate coming from an economically backward background, who secures the highest marks in his/her Class 12th examinations and joins B.A. (Hons.) Music course of DU. Amount- Rs. 3500/- per annum The scholarship is renewable on a yearly basis for the 2nd and 3rd year.
- Tamae Kami Memorial Merit Scholarship: Eligibility- The scholarship shall be awarded to a student of One Year Intensive Advanced Diploma in Japanese Language (Full-Time) Amount- Rs. 200/- per month The scholarship shall be awarded every year and tenable for nine months only from 1st August of an academic year to 30th April of the same. All scholarships shall be awarded by the Academic Council of Delhi University upon the recommendations of various Selection Committees. The last date to register for any of these scholarships is October 31, 2014.
Comments are closed.