With the commencement of the 2022 admission season, several DU aspirants are surrounded
by confusion and shock over which college to choose and what would be best for them. Here
we present the college profile of Gargi College of the University of Delhi.
Established in 1967, Gargi college is a women’s college. It is located in the Siri Fort area, and is part of DU’s South Campus. It has been ranked 23rd in the college rankings of NIRF 2022. The college has produced several students who have gone on to excel in their respective fields. Its alumni have received prestigious scholarships such as the Commonwealth Scholarship. A notable alumnus of the college is Huma Qureshi.
Courses and Placements
The college offers the following undergraduate courses:-
– B.A. (Programme)
– B.Com (Honours)
– B.Com (Programme)
– B.Sc (Honours):
– B.Sc (Programme)
In the 2021 placement drive, the highest package offered in Gargi College was INR 19.25
LPA. The average package was 4.38 LPA. Over 195 companies participated in the 2021
placement drive, and made over 140 offers. The top recruiters were DE Shaw and Co.
Accenture, Deloitte, Wipro etc.
Scholarships are offered on the basis of merit and need. Some of them are listed below:-
- Student Welfare Fund Scholarship is meant for providing financial aid to students on the basis of the annual income in the Income Proof or Salary slip. Students whose parent/s have an annual income of less than INR 2 LPA are eligible for the scholarship.
- Shri Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who have the highest
- aggregate score in the first, second, and third year of B.Com (Honours).
- Yashada Charitable Trust Scholarship is offered to differently-abled students who do not let their physical challenges hinder them from pursuing higher education.
The college also offers scholarships to students who receive admission through the sports
quota. There are two scholarships available for these students, S.K. Sood Memorial Scholarship and R.P. Cricket Academy Scholarship.
Note: Additional information about the scholarships can be found on the respective college
The college has several societies. They include:-
– Anubhuti, the Hindi creative writing society
– Enliven, the western dance society
– Euphony, the western music society
– Glass Eye, the film society
– Hues, the fine arts society
– Quizzito, the quiz society
– Qed, the English debating society
– Upstage, the dramatics society
Note: Further information about the societies can be found on the respective college website.
– Auditorium: The college has a fully air-conditioned auditorium block which is
equipped with solar lighting installations.
–Computer Laboratories: There are three computer laboratories consisting of 110
computers and wi-fi connectivity. They are also available for use after regular class
– Laboratories: There are labs for microbiology, chemistry, botany, elementary
education, physics, psychology, and zoology.
– Seminar Hall and Open Air Theatre
– Medical Room: Regular medical and dental check-ups are conducted by qualified
– Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility: Gargi College is one of the two colleges in
the University of Delhi to have BIF (funded by DBT with a yearly grant)
– Students’ Common Room ‘Retreat’
– Students’ Union Room
– Food Court
– Learning Resource Centre: It includes a total of 74027 accessioned books in all. At
present, the library has assets of 217 CDs and is subscribed to 51 periodicals and 10
What do the students say about their college?
Though as known from outside Gargi does not live up to it’s fame and name, at times evenKashish Shivani, a 3rd year student at Gargi
basic facilities are unavailable. Even with it’s faults, Gargi is a nice place to be at, it’s situated
nearby a lot of monuments and places to go. Satya Bhaiyya’s iced tea and teachers make it
Featured Image Credits: Gargi College