With the commencement of the 2022 admission season, several DU aspirants are surrounded by confusion and shock over which college to choose, and what would be best for them. Here we present the college profile of Deshbandhu College of the University of Delhi.
Deshbandhu College was established in 1952. It is located in Kalkaji, in south Delhi. It has been ranked 28th in the college rankings of NIRF 2020. Notable alumni of the college include Ravish Kumar.
Courses and Placements
The college offers the following undergraduate courses:-
- B.A. (Honours)- Economics, English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Sanskrit
- B.A. (Programme)
- B.Com (Honours)
- B.Sc (Honours)- Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology
- B.Sc (Programme)
In the 2021 placement drive, the average package offered in Deshbandhu College was 4.15 LPA. 445 students were placed, and the top recruiters were IBM, Uber, Asian Paints, Bajaj Capital etc.
The college offers merit-based and need-based scholarships.
The college has a Financial Assistance Fund with the objective of providing financial aid to needy students.
Note: Additional information about scholarships can be found on the college website.
Information about societies is not available on the college website.
- Canteen: The college canteen is adjacent to the main gate and provides traditional but delicious food.
- Girls Common Room: For female students, there is a common room with a good seating arrangement and ambience along with a female security attendant. It is situated next to the staff room.
- Photocopy Facilities
- Library: The college has a very modern, well-equipped library which offers a wide range of materials and books on various subjects. It is constantly upgraded with the latest materials that students and teachers need.
- Web Access Centre: The whole college campus is wi-fi enabled and web access centre computers provide faculty members and students with access to online journals and content provided by the University of Delhi.
What do the students say about their college?
The diverse crowd here has exposed me to a variety of different opinions and perspectives. I wouldn’t exchange this experience for anything else. I belong to the English department, which has top-notch teachers. Society culture in Deshbandhu College is also picking up and the societies are winning laurels. In terms of cons, the college can be quite backwards in some regards. There is also a great disparity between the science block and the arts block; the science block has much better facilities. Infrastructurally, it is not as good as other DU colleges.Aayat Farooqi, second year student, Deshbandhu College
Featured Image Credits: careers360