Latest
Admission Season

Sports Quota & ECA Seats Increased for DU Admissions 2022

CUET 2022-23 will have more students registered to DU through Sports and ECA quota for DU Admissions 2022. The allocation of seats based on the same will start after the third round of allocation through CUET marks. Read on to find more. 


For the first time in two years, University of Delhi (DU) will conduct physical trials for Sports and ECA quota intake for the academic year 2022-23. The reserved seats for students will go up by 4% this year, making a total of 5% seats available specifically for these categories. This is the first time that the 1% reservation has been increased significantly. Physical trials and certificates will be given a 75% weightage while the CUET scores will be given 25% of it while deciding colleges. 

Sports Quota Admission under CUET

Sports trials will count for 75% of the total points, with the remaining 25% going toward the candidate’s certifications from the previous five years. Candidates who have competed for their nation in a number of international events, such as the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, will be admitted without a trial. Additionally, they will be given preference when it comes to seat selection. Students who are participating in the sports trials may sign up for no more than three different sports.

ECA Quota Admission under CUET 

Students that participate in the physical trials will be graded out of 60, with the exception of NCC (National Cadet Corps) and NSS (National Service Scheme). The candidate’s credentials earned during the last five years will receive the remaining 15 points. All 75 points will be given to NCC and NSS candidates based on their certificates. Students are only permitted to apply for three of the 14 categories available for the ECA trials. The student will only be admitted into one group, though.

This year, the number of students admitted through Sports Quota and ECA quota will be higher than the previous year, since, as mentioned above, there is a 5% reservation for the same in place of the traditional 1%. 

Read Also: ‘‘Competence Enhancement Scheme’ in DU permits “Outsiders”’

Featured Image Credits: DU Beat Archives

Debarati Mitra 

[email protected]

Author

Debarati, a fierce bangaali who finds immense pride in declaring having a sweet tooth for specifically bangaali sweets, is someone who can be found laughing the loudest at the silliest of things. A saree enthusiast with a soft corner for cheesecakes, she finds refuge in writing, doodlind and singing in this, what she considers, a "khub baaje" world.