With the commencement of the admission season at DU, let’s take a glimpse at the centralized Delhi University Entrance Examination (DUET), which requires candidates to give entrance tests to qualify for certain UG programmes in the university.
What is the DUET?
The Delhi University Entrance Test is a national-level entrance examination that is conducted annually for aspirants to the University. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), an independent autonomous testing organization, under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
When is DUET 2021?
The NTA will conduct DUET 2021 between 26 September 2021 and 01 October 2021. For undergraduate courses, the registration process is ongoing, commenced on 02 August 2021 and is expected to end by 31 August 2021.
What Courses Require Us to Give the DUET?
The following courses require aspirants of the University to give the entrance examination at the Undergraduate Level:
- B.A. (Honours) Business Economics
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
- B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism
What Does the Test Look Like?
The DUET is a computer-based examination with a duration of two hours. It is in the MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) format and includes 100 questions. The marking scheme allots 4 marks for every correct response and a negative marking of -1 for every incorrect response. The medium of the paper is English only, except for language courses.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for DUET 2021?
For undergraduate programmes, each course has its specific eligibility criteria. The minimum eligibility requirement for some of the popular courses for DUET is as follows:
- DUET Eligibility Criteria for BTech:
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with a 60% aggregate in four subjects, which must include Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- DUET Eligibility Criteria for BA Hons Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% aggregate in four subjects in Class 12.
- DUET Eligibility Criteria 2021 for BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent examination with 75% aggregate in four subjects.
- They must have secured 85% in English.
- Candidates can include Mass Media Studies as an academic subject among the best four subjects.
Where Can I Find the Results for DUET 2021?
Candidates can access their results on the official website of the National Testing Agency (www.nta.ac.in) after the result has been declared.
DU Beat Tips For A Successful DUET 2021
Cracking the entrance exam can be an easy and fulfilling task, and you can follow these tips for a good result:
- Get familiar with the exam pattern of the paper. Candidates can do so by going through question papers and answers from previous years.
- Understand the marking scheme, and use it to your benefit.
- Ensure that you are well-versed with the syllabus and different types of questions.
- Take help from university students who have already given the DUET.
- Believe in yourself!
Feature Image Source: News18