In a circular dated 19 April 2021, Delhi University confirmed OBE for the final semester of Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) from 15 May and clarified that the status of the Semester IV UG Exams ‘will be decided in the due course of time’ taking cognizance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the second wave of COVID-19 progressively intensifying, DU released a notification clarifying the status of the May-June Semester Exams for Semester IV and VI students of various programmes of the varsity. Along with the same, the University also warned students to be wary of messages being circulated on social media and verify all information through the official website.
The details regarding the exams are as follows:
- For the Final Semester/Term/Year exams for all undergraduate courses of the varsity including examinations for students registered with the School of Open Learning (SOL) and Non-Collegiate Women Education Board (NCWEB), the exams will begin from 15 May. These exams will occur in three sessions per day and even on Sundays. The date sheet for the same shall be notified by the end of the month.
- However, the examinations for Choice Based Credit System (CBCS – Admission of 2019) Undergraduate IV Semester of regular, NCWEB, SOL student along with Essential Repeaters, Improvement and ex-students of IInd Semester ‘will decide in the due course of time after assessing the prevailing COVID-19 situation’. The same shall be applied to Semester IV PG students.
- All Ex-Students of CBCS (Admission in 2015 to 2018) and Erstwhile FYUP (B. Tech) and Ex-Students of Annual Scheme registered with SOL and NCWEB as per specified Span period shall also appear as per the date sheet applicable for each said case. The mode of examination for these students shall also remain Open Book Exam. The syllabus shall be the one in force during their time of admission.
- The students of Terminal Semester/Final Year who were unable to appear in the OBE Examinations Phase I & II conducted by the University in August and September 2020 respectively will be given an opportunity to appear in Semester/Annual Examinations May/June 2021 as a one-time measure in terms of UGC Revised Guidelines on Examinations and Academic Calendar for the Universities in view of COVID-19 Pandemic dated 06.07.2020.
- The Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma etc. The concerned Faculty/Departments may conduct Language Courses Examinations as per past practice.
The updates regarding the date sheets for all undergraduate programmes for Delhi University and its OBE shall be notified on the official website of the varsity. As far as Postgraduate courses are concerned, the students can regularly check their departments, Centre or Faculty websites. Students will get no separate information from the Examinations Branch in this regard.
Featured Image Credits: DU Beat Archives