Delhi University (DU) has released guidelines for the Open Book Examination (OBE) that will be conducted from 12th December 2020 for the odd semester batches comprising the III, V, and VII semester students.
Academic session 2020-2021 in view of the Covid-19 pandemic is all set for the OBE. Hence, students were given a preference to choose from either the physical or the remote mode using ICT tools. The University of Delhi has thus, set important guidelines regarding the examination.OBE for this session would occur along with repeaters from I, III, and V semester, and the ex-students for all the undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Examinations for the School of Open Learning (SOL) and Non-Collegiate Women Education Board (NCWEB) will also begin alongside.
- For ex-students, essential repeaters, and for students applying for improvement:
The final year essential repeaters must give their exams and follow their date sheets alongside their 5th-semester examinations. Similarly, the second-year essential repeaters must follow the date sheet and give exams alongside the 3rd semester students.
- All students must ensure that their examination forms are filled within time and are ready with their admit cards. Each college will provide contact details of their nodal officers on their websites.
- The students shall write answers on A4 size sheets and mark every page number with their signature. The duration of the exam will be of 4 hours out of which 3 hours will be for writing answers and then rest one hour for downloading question paper, scanning pdf answers and uploading them. The duration of the exam will be 6 hours for (PwD)category students.
- In case of internet connectivity issues, students can upload their answer sheets 60 minutes prior to the scheduled time. However, they would be subjugated to a review committee for the same.
- For remote mode, appearing students shall require laptop/mobile devices to give the examination, they shall scan answer sheet question wise and upload pdf document of size less than 7 MB without any password and a system-generated confirmation email will be sent to students after the upload.
- For physical mode appearing students; they have to bring A4 size sheets with them and they will be provided with ICT tools from college to download, scan, and upload answers from college.
- Mock Test papers will be available on the OBE portal one week prior to the examinations.
The OBE is a blend of offline and online mode, as had happened in the 2nd phase September-OBEs. Hence, students are given a choice, either to physically go to the college and appear for the exam or to sit at their homes and appear via online methods. Therefore, both the modes will be on an open book basis. Hence, students can attempt from their place of convenience or the college.
Feature Image Credits: Hindustan Times