Gone are the days when life was easy, simple, smooth and harmonious. With the rapid change in attitudes, situations, and progress in science and technology, things have radically changed and so the selection of a right career at a right time has become a very tough job. It needs proper, full and comprehensive consideration. Most of us are in a hurry to secure a position somewhere. We hardly give a thought to where we are headed in our life. So, if you are at career crossroads, puzzled over what to do and where to be, here is a golden opportunity which will open the doors of numerous dimensions which you aren’t aware of. So, for all the aspiring dreamers, The Mathematics Society, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College is organising a two-day seminar on the topic “Careers with Mathematics” on 10-11th November 2016.
A career in mathematics is a wise choice. The world is becoming increasingly quantitative. Mathematics plays a crucial role in deciding policies which affect our lives, policies ranging from health and the environment to multi-million dollar investments. Organizations are depending more and more on quantitative reasoning and complex mathematical models to solve their problems. A degree in mathematics will give you the skills you need to work on important, challenging real-world problems in a broad range of highly paid positions in business, industry, government, and education. So mark your calendar for 10th and 11th of November.
Eminent Speakers for the seminar are:
1. Mr. Vedant Shah: The first speaker of the day is Mr. Vedant Shah, Co-founder of leading e-learning company, WKV Edu. With a degree in Finance Risk Management with 10 Actuarial papers cleared, it’s his boldness that characterizes his leadership. With the experience of working with India’s one of the largest asset management firm, it’s his passion and desire that led to his success.
2. Ms Navneet Manchanda: She is a senior STATA Trainer with Outlier Research Solution. She has also served as Senior Research Officer at Myriad International. Moreover, she is involved with the University Of Delhi in providing STATA training and research Methodology to students and faculty members. Her uphill battle and energetic approach pave the way for success in her life.
3. Mr. Kamal Chaudhary: He is a Principal Researcher and STATA Trainer with Outlier Research Solution. Along with it, he is a consultant with International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations on different development-related projects
involving intricate data and techniques.
4. Mr. Sandeep Kumar: Hard work, perseverant, and ingenious- these are the words that perfectly describe Mr. Kumar, Assistant Professor in Department of Mathematics at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (University of Delhi). His research Interest includes Code Based Cryptography. Previously, he worked as Software Associate in Strand Life Sciences, Bangalore.
5. Dr. Ravins: An Assistant Professor in Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia. He has published many articles and research work in Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Molecular BioSystems, Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, etc. Thus, it is well said, “What is earned with hard labour is eaten with pleasure.”
For all those endeavoring, aspiring, enthusiastic, zealous, and eager minds there, don’t miss out on this one.
Day 1 – 10th November 2017
Session 1 – Actuarial Science
Session 2 – Financial Mathematics
Session 3 – Cryptography & Network Securities
Day 2 – 11th November 2017
Session 1 – Data Science
Session 2 – Biomathematics
Session 3 – Further studies
Date: 10-11th November 2017
Venue: Seminar Room, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi
Reporting time – 9:30 A.M (Both days)
Register now: http://bit.do/maths-
For further details, contact:
Shubham Kohli (President)