This year’s fest season has started with a bang, and LSR’s Tarang, JMC’s Montage, and Miranda House’s Tempest have already raised the bar high for other fests to follow.
The coming fests are expected to be greater than ever, but can we say that about our fashion sense? If not, here’s a guide to help you bring the house down, wherever you go.
- Lush Life: This look is for the easy-going girls who are part-chic and part-hep. Pair black pants with a crossed blouse and block sandals and you’re ready to go. To add an extra flair of chic, wear pastel earrings, and a bold lip colour. If your outfit seems bland, by any chance, adding a pop of colour with a bag will surely be the icing on your cake.
- Back to Black: If this year’s Golden Globes taught us anything, it is that there’s nothing called too much black. If black is your aesthetic, consider this look tailor-made for you. In this look, we matched a Bardot top with ripped denim and ankle boots. Throw on an oblong scarf to take your look to the next level. Black is the new black, now and forever.
- La Vie En Rose: This next outfit is a combination of numerous trends. Beginning with the trend of ‘slogan tees’, make a political statement at this year’s fest. Reclaim the chokers and pair them with white sneakers. It’s no denying that chokers and white sneakers were the biggest trends in 2017; almost every girl has them! An outfit like this is the perfect combination of sexy and comfort.
- Blue Jeans: The staple of any person’s wardrobe is blue jeans. Sometimes, it seems unbelievable how soviets spent their savings on getting a simple pair of denim jeans! Pairing your favourite denim with a crushed velvet top will make you look expensive. Don’t forget to accessorise with complementary coloured earrings.
- Mother Earth: If you’re not a fan of bright colours, then earthy colours are your best bet. You can be in your comfort zone without stripping yourself of any colour. Overalls are a great option for fests. Pair them with your converse shoes, a maroon lip colour, your college bag and you are all set to go.
Pro-Tip: The key to dressing well for a fest is to take your everyday college look and to turn it around. Avoid wearing particularly uncomfortable pieces of clothing and just walk like you own the world!
Feature Image Credits: Tyler Joe