Getting into one’s dream college may not always turn out be a reality, but Delhi University gives the aspirants a second chance to migrate to the college of their choice.
The migration procedure in University of Delhi allows students to migrate from one college to another of their choice. It is a boon for those who aimed to get into top colleges but couldn’t due to the high cut-offs. However, it is to be noted that according to University of Delhi, ‘Migration is not a right; it is only a permissive facility and not an obligatory one. It all depends upon both incoming and outgoing Colleges concerned; therefore, the policy of Reservation in Migration for both Inter-College & Inter-University is not applicable.’
The University of Delhi also allows Inter- University migration only on the grounds that the parents or guardian of the student is living in Delhi or has migrated to Delhi. It is applicable for B.A Programme and B.Com Programme students in their third semester. Inter college migration is provided by the University in B.A, B.Com, B.A (Hons), B.Com (Hons) and B.Sc. (Hons) in the 3rd semester.
There are some general rules and conditions for the process which are as follows:-
- Students cannot migrate from a regular college to School of Open Learning(SOL) or Non Collegiate Women’s Education Board(NCWEB)
- Students cannot migrate to another college in a different course.
- Students cannot migrate in the fifth semester or third year.
- Students cannot migrate at the Post-Graduate level.
Only students who have passed both the semesters of first year of degree course under semester mode are eligible. Migration can be sought during the office hours till August 31 (tentatively). There documents that are required are:-
- No Objection Certificate from the Head of the College where the student is studying as well as where he/she wants to migrate.
- A leaving certificate from the Head of the concerned college.
- Mark sheets of the examination already passed.
Feature Image credits- Yo Search