Now that the Freshers have settled into their classes and gotten accustomed to the routine of college life, they are met with another crisis. But this is strictly a fashion emergency that Auburn is here to solve. The big question, “What do I wear for the Freshers’ Party?” will be answered here!
You can visibly see first-years running around, trying to find their perfect Freshers’ Party attire. There is the pressure to dress according to the theme, the fear of looking over-dressed and the stress of your Freshers’ being perfect. Well, here’s Auburn with a few tips and tricks that you can follow to make the day a stylish and memorable one!
- Do it differently: In a room full of dresses, wear a pantsuit to give your outfit a unique touch. Doing it differently doesn’t mean doing something you’re uncomfortable in; just don’t follow the herd to be on the safe side.
- DIY:You will always stand apart if you wear something that is handmade. Whether it is accessories, or clothes, DIY and show off your creativity. It will give a personal touch to our outfit and when people ask, “Where did you get this from?” – you can smile and tell them!
- Experiment:College means pushing boundaries and stepping out of your comfort zone, so take that risk! It will be worth it. Experiment with a hair colour, a piece of clothing you’ve always wanted to try, or just do something out of the box!
- Stick to the theme: It is extremely disrespectful when people don’t follow the theme, so make sure you start prepping your outfit in advance.You can go all out with the theme and dress from head to toe, or be a little subtle with it, but definitely stick to the theme.
- Take inspiration: Don’t copy entire outfits; create your own by taking inspiration but make it yours. At the end of the day, you’re the one who is going to carry it so make sure to mould it according to your personality and style.
- Don’t be scared: College is a new ground for everyone, so even if you look over-dressed/ under-dressed amongst everyone, don’t fret over it. Everyone here is figuring out life, this is just a Freshers’ Party outfit!
- Click pictures: Do not forget to click pictures, with your friends, teachers and in every possible angle of your outfit; you’ll thank your past self for that when you look back at them. Also, save them for inspiration that you can give to your juniors next year!
All in all, make sure that after the Freshers’ Party, you’re a more confident individual; that is all that matters!
Feature Image Credits: Near Fox