The Office of the Dean of Students Welfare is right in the middle of holding Open Days for young DU aspirants. With the 12th board result slated to be out on May 26th, DU is doing its part to help curb pre admission jitters and entertain as many queries as possible. An Open Day essentially comprises of a presentation on Delhi University and the admissions procedure, followed by a question answer session. Each day, 3 sessions- 1 hour long each- are held, addressed by the Dean of Students Welfare and the Deputy Dean, Mr. J M Khurana and Dr. Tuteja. The session is Open for everyone who wishes to attend including parents of the students. Here are some of the valuable inputs the first session had to reveal:
- The central admissions form will be available online and offline from June 2 to June 16, 2014. The offline form is available at various admission centers spread cross Delhi. The North Zone includes- Daulat Ram College, Hans raj College and SGTB Khalsa College among others. The South Zone has A.R.S.D College, Gargi College and a few others. Admissions centres for East Delhi and West Delhi Zones are also in place.
- The first cut off list comes out on June 24, following which the first round of admissions will start. The first admissions round completes on June 26.
- The subsequent lists comes out post June 26, if any colleges have seats left.
- At the time of admissions, the documents needed are:
- 10th board certificate and marksheet
- 12th board marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate (if a student wishes to take admission from a reserved category, he will need a certificate IN HIS OWN NAME)
Also, Students who wish to pursue a stream other than the one they studied in the 12th grade can do so- From Science to Commerce to Arts. A 2% deduction will be done in their cumulative score for each new subject that they haven’t studies before. The reverse switching (i.e, from arts to commerce to science) is not allowed.
The session also included a presentation by Dr. Kaur and Dr. Shobha, faculty from Cluster Innovation Centre who talked about the unique courses being offered in their programs.
The session concluded with one on one interaction between the Deans and the students. Anyone who wanted to ask anything particular was personally answered.
The University will be holding Open for almost the nest ten days, the schedule of which can be found here: