Published on November 3rd, 2008 | by DU Beat28
Top 5 fests of last year
1. IIT, Delhi: Rendezvous, IIT Delhi’s annual fest is, technically, the first festival of the year, and so it brings with it a sense of anticipation and curiosity. Each year, IIT Delhi outdoes itself with the level of competition and almost everyone waits for their much talked about rock show: Blitzkreig.
Highlight: The idea of winning the first competition of the year, and definitely Blitzkrieg.
2. BITS, Pilani: You can’t be in DU, and not have gone to Pilani. Oasis, BITS Pilani’s annual festival remains the biggest competition for most ECA societies like the western dance and fashion teams.
Highlight: Rocktave, their annual rock show and a national level certificate.
3. IIT, Kanpur: It is rumored that those people who don’t go for BITS Pilani, attend IIT Kanpur’s annual fest, Antaragni. But inspite of the dates clashing, IIT Kanpur remains one of the most eventful competitions for most drama and music societies in DU.
Highlight: The drama competitions and Blitzkreig again!
4. LSR: Tarang, LSR’s annual fest is probably the biggest competition of the year, being the official torch bearer of the festival season of DU, more so because it comes after a rather relaxed Diwali/Dusshera break.
Highlight: After last year’s Soulmate performance, everybody’s definitely curious to know what they have planned for this year.
5. Sri Venkateswara: Sri Venkateshwara’s annual fest, Nexus occurs at a very convenient time of the year. A winter evening can never get as good as being on a grassy field listening to some good rock music and venky’s famous rock band, Fire Exit gives us just that.
Highlight: the very famous Western music and Choreography competitions.